Sunday, February 10, 2013

Can't Stop a Galloping Horse?

   I once believed you can't stop a galloping horse. Those of us in the teaching field understand that we are the galloping horses, destined to long hours, over booked calendars, and infinite "to do" lists. Yep, that's me and it's probably you as well!

   Well, it's a myth. YOU are not in control as you think you are and a galloping horse can be stopped. As I recover from recent surgery, I am clearly reminded of this. I have temporarily left my post at school and have operated state DKG matters from my computer and phone, delegated visits, etc. I'd rather be a galloping horse and I am on my way.

  Each day I gather strength, rebuilding the stamina that I took for granted. Cards, phone calls, and prayers have been greatly appreciated. All is well as I ready for Executive Board in Macon on Feb. 23. The galloping horse will be back.

No comments: